One of my chapters in my book “I’m Free” is about Gratitude. I found out what an enormous powerful, transforming effect gratitude has. It is one of the easiest basics to change your life into a direction of love, happiness, contentment and success.
A while ago my best friend and I used to share a thank-you-list once a week. I was always looking forward to those Friday mornings. No matter what happened in my life, while doing that list it was like connecting to a source of light. Even during the week, when something special or delightful happened, I already put it in my Friday list. I got much more aware of the many little gifts life sent to me. Accordingly I turned my attention automatically to the nice things in life and developed happiness as a basic condition since I saw by how much beauty I have always been surrounded. It is like the phrase in the song “Amazing Grace”: Was blind, but now I see!”
The great things about a thank-you-list are that you turn your attention to the brighter side of your life. You will get aware how much beautiful things your life actually contains. The tougher side will lose priority. You disconnect with the energy of your problems and will find solutions or some problems simply dissolve since you no longer care that much.
I encourage you to do a list of gratitude and – if possible – share this list with someone who also needs some uplift and a different perspective in life. It is OK when you do it for yourself, but through sharing you get more motivated to find what great things exist in your life. Writing this list will lift you up in a higher energy level.
You don’t need to do a whole list. You can start with a single subject that really matters to you. You can also start with the things that seem obviously normal, like being thankful for having the sun dawning every morning or having your dog being excited when it meets you, or whatever. I tell you, once you have started you can’t help it but to dig deeper and find more and more blessings in your life you probably took for granted before.
If you like the idea of doing a list of gratitude once a week you could post it and share it with your followers. You will inspire them to do the same and therefore you will support them to brighten up their day. Let’s spread light!
Here I go with my list:
I am thankful:
- For my three children and the joy and difference they have brought into my life.
- That each one of them has shown me a different world I have learned of.
- For all they challenged me with to be induced to discover myself in a new way.
- For my husband that supports me all the time.
- For all the struggles we managed and have come over in order to invent our relationship new.
- For my friends, their trust in me and the trust I experience.
- For the trust of all the people who read my books and come into my practice.
- For the possibility to share this list with so many people today.
- For the list itself, since it was an important part of the process to change my life for the better.
- For the love I may give.
- For the love and blessings I experience every day.
- For I have a home and a beautiful garden.
- For it is summer – my favorite season – and my garden is blooming.
- For the knowing that I myself changed my life from dark to light, only by changing the way I looked at it.
- For my guinea pigs and my tortoise.
- For the beautiful area I live in.
- For doing what I love to do – writing and talking about the powerful creator we are.
- For all the tears I shed and every hurt, since it caused me to change something in order to cherish the change even more today.
- That I am the master of my life.
- That it is up to me how I want to experience what happens in my life.
- For everything that happens (nice or sad) in my life, since everything is a step in my personal evolution.
- That everything that happens in my life is sent with love in order to help myself evolving.
- That everything that happens is in perfect order and in a perfect context.
- That everything happens for a reason and never accidentally in order to lead me to the next step of self-development.
- That life simply happens and gives us the opportunity to build something new of it.
- That I can be whoever I want to be!
- That I am here on earth to rediscover myself and to experience who I am.
- That my life has changed from pressure and fight to an exciting adventure.
In Love and Light!
Absolutely, there is so much beauty in our lives. We just forget about it when we are caught in our daily struggles. In remembering them, our struggles get lighter, because we see that they only are a part of our circumstances but not everything!
Fantastic idea! There’s so much to be thankful for, and it’s time to recognize that.
That’s why I also love to follow you. Glad I have found you on this platform! There are so many inspiring people here and you are one of them.
I have a gratitude journal 🙂
I love being grateful 🙂
Wonderful! It’s such a special and uplifting experience doing such a journal!
Yes! My journal is also a reminder that there a lot of things that I should be grateful for.
i liked this idea.