The song I posted last Wednesday as my Song of the Day inspired me to this post. It made me think of the need for tolerance, acceptance, of compassion, respect, and empathy. When I prepared that post I did not expect the wonderful developments here in Europe.
Yes, there are a lot of tragedies going on in this world. But it is of no use to listen to the news, sigh deeply because it makes us sad, but then turn off the radio and move on like before. Of course, we cannot just leave this world behind. And we mustn’t! We have our life going on here with obligations and responsibilities. But also right here in front of our eyes, our support is needed, too. Mothers and fathers are struggling to meet the daily needs of their children, the humiliation of people from other cultures or of different races, and mental abuse happen, there are so many homeless, and some of our folks are suffering from diseases. Now we need this tolerance, acceptance, compassion, respect, and empathy I was talking about above. There is no necessity to save the world but simply to be open-minded, in order to see when an act of kindness is required. For example:
- Offer your neighbor an ear when you think something is wrong.
- Surprise someone who lives alone or is going through a hard time with some brownies.
- Give a homeless person the feeling to be seen. Look at them, talk to them, ask them how they got there. If you feel like it, buy them a meal, or a new blanket.
- If there is a kid in your neighborhood that comes from a humble background perhaps there is a possibility for a sleepover and having fun with your kids. It gives that child that important message that it is one of us, that it is worthwhile, that it is precious regardless of the outer circumstances. It supports the self-confidence that a child needs to believe in himself and in his power.
- But no matter if you can or want to do anything like that, please SMILE. Give everyone you encounter a heartfelt smile. A smile at the right time can save lives and gives the encouragement that person might need just then and there. A smile never hurts. It makes you feel good and even fantastic when the smile is returned.
This all says: You are not forgotten, you are seen, and you are not alone!
I already wrote that in my song post last week but I repeat it again: Simply sow seeds of love. The wonderful thing about it is, that those seeds come from you. Which means that this love is growing within you in the first place. This love has always been there. It is your place of power that can never get lost. Filling yourself with love in order to pass it on, strengthens, energizes, and nurtures your creativity. But most of all it makes you shine from within. Even when you yourself are surrounded by a dark cloud, you are lifting yourself above that cloud when you are activating this love. You are shifting the energy from the negative to the positive, from weakness to strength, from frustration to confidence, from resignation to resoluteness. You become a rock for yourself and for the people around you. And nothing seems impossible anymore to overcome.
As Wayne Dyer said: You can’t give away what you don’t have. If we want peace on earth, happiness, and love around us, we must radiate it in the first place. Also, the persons who have given love to you needed to develop it first within themselves. There is no other way! Imagine if everybody did it. I believe that this way we can change the world, we can cease all wars and everybody can be fearlessly who they are. But most of all people are treated with respect and kindness.
I repeat Gandhi’s quote which is the subtitle of this blog: Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Much Love and Light to all of you.