I follow this blog for some weeks because it is so very insightful. Jon is a physical therapist and he posts frequently about muscle, bones, back, joint, organ, veins,… problems. He gives advice how to help yourself or how to recognize symptoms. I just commented that his blog is a reference book. Really, if you have something that bothers you about your health then check if Jon has written something. And if not then ask him!
Heart failure is when the heart does not fill and pump blood in the heart like it should. It can occur due to coronary heart disease (the heart arteries becoming clogged or hardened) and consistent high blood pressure leaving the heart too weak to perform its normal pumping and filling duty.
The picture above is from the website: www.newhealthadvisor.com
- About 5.1 million people in the United States have heart failure
- One in 9 deaths in 2009 included heart failure as contributing cause
- About half of people who develop heart failure die within 5 years of diagnosis
- Heart failure costs the nation an estimated $32 billion each year
Some major causes of CHF (congestive heart failure) are:
- Coronary artery disease (clogging or hardening of the heart arteries) and heart attack
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Faulty heart valves
- Damage to the heart muscle (cardiomyopathy)
- Myocarditis (inflammation in the middle layer of…
View original post 1,456 more words