Last night my amazing and treasured blog sister Ritu of But I Smile Anyway nominated me together with an awesome circle of people for a newly created award. I know Ritu for almost a year here on WP and from the beginning on she had captured my heart. If you want a positive outlook on life, motivation, daily observations, cat stories, and stories of a mom and teacher, then head over to hers right now!
I love the message of the award. Yes, recognize yourself, enjoy yourself, celebrate yourself. Only when your are appreciative for yourself you can be that in a much better way for others too! And of course, I love the association with singing. Not only because I am a singer, but because singing is an expression of feelings and when we are happy then we want to sing!
The award is a new one created by Claudia’s Thoughts to celebrate yourself and let us all know what you are happiest about when it comes to yourself.
Announce your win with a post and link the blogger who nominated you.
Include the featured image on your blog post.
Nominate 10 bloggers (or as many as you can think of) and link your awardees in the post.
List 7 things you love about yourself (This can be about your appearance, your personality, your achievements, etc.)
Don’t use negative connotation. (I.e. Don’t say things like – I’m prettier than an average person or People have told me I’m smart. You ARE pretty. You ARE smart etc!
It might be difficult to say something about yourself because we tend to keep ourselves in the background…. would sound selfish, right? NO!!! And that’s why this award is so cool. We are all awesome and no one is more or less awesome than others. We might only be awesome in different ways.
Now 7 things I love about myself
- My excitement! I love how I can get excited about little things, how I can have a huge anticipation, how I can get excited about something others do! When I am excited I feel like 100 horses running through the prairie.
- My strong will! When I am convinced about something no one can talk me into the opposite. When I want something I go for it!
- My loyalty! Not many words: When you have me as your friend I go through hell for you. I would never ever let anyone down.
- Trust! To me, the trust of another person is the greatest gift I can get and I highly treasure it. I basically trust people, unless they lied, manipulated, or used me. But what you can count on is, that I would never ever misuse your trust.
- My emotional state! When I see things unfolding for others, dreams coming true, when they overcome their own limits, breakthroughs, seeing others succeed after a hard time of working and effort, I am always touched to tears.
- My feelings and compassion! I mentioned it at times. Whatever I feel, I feel deep. When I work on my posts or poems, I totally feel deepest what I am writing about. I can feel deep what lies ahead and very deep what lies behind. That is why I can also feel very well the pain and the joy of others. I can cry with you and I can laugh with you. That doesn’t mean I suffer. I am able to detach myself again which gives me the strength to stay strong when others need my help.
- And last but not least: my ability to motivate! It has to do with #1. I am convinced and, therefore, excited about what I write. When I start getting into my topics, my passion for this all rises and I feel like a ball of fire and light. I love to spread the message that everybody is a wonderful creation because I see it and that’s what gives that certain boost!
I need to nominate again some friends my sis already nominated. When I am doing an award or the first time, they are always a must to nominate:
Cat mom Ritu of But I Smile Anyway (Sis, you can reblog now… lol)
Van driving Rich of Waffle Me This
Gif master Carisa of Sometimes Silver Linings Are Blue
The most awesome 50-year-old Judy of Edwina’s Episodes
Mr Poetry Syl of Syl65’s Blog
Cooking Queen Lynn of Lynz Real Cooking
Multiple artistic Carolina of Yesterday After
Creativity Krista of From Food Stamps To A Future
Comedian poet Marissa of Glorious Results Of A Misspent Youth
Tea and Biscuit Connoisseur Amanda of Inside The Life Of Moi
As always, no one is obliged to participate but please take this as a sign of my appreciation!
In Love and Light