My dear friend Colleen of Silver Threading recognized me for the #GirlLoveChallenge. I never heard of that before and feel so honored to be considered by Colleen. For those who don’t know Colleen yet, she is an amazing writer and always comes up with very insightful posts. She has some very astonishing fairy experiences and is about to write a book about them. So please head over to hers and check her blog out!
Actually this challenge sounds more like an award to me but let’s call it challenge anyway. The #GirlLoveChallenge was founded by Lilly Singh and here you can read what it is about:
“Lilly Singh is a Canadian vlogger, actress, comedian, and rapper, age 27. She is tired of ‘girl-on-girl hate’ in schools, workplaces, and social media, so she decided to reverse trends by promoting #GirlLove. In her empowering video, young women speak out about their respect and gratitude for other women in their lives. Proceeds from video views will go to the Malala Fund to help educate girls around the world. The goal of the fund is to “enable girls to complete 12 years of safe, quality education so that they can achieve their potential and be positive change-makers in their families and communities.
Lilly’s challenge was to compliment other women in social media using the hashtag #GirlLove. In the blogging world, the challenge has become more detailed.”
Here’s what you do for the #GirlLoveChallenge:
- Tell your followers who inspire you, a famous woman who may be dealing with negativity on a daily basis.
- Tell your followers who inspire you in real life, a woman you always interact with.
- Tag five women bloggers who you love. Compliment them and tell them why you love them, and comment under their latest post with the link to your #GirlLove post!
If you get tagged, do the post on your own blog. If you want to do it anyway, do it anyway! Add the tag ‘Girl Love’ to your post, so we can see them all! Let’s start 2016 with LOVE for each other!
So let’s go!
- The first famous woman who came to my mind and who even dedicated herself to spread positivity, compassion, love, and awareness, and most of all took action in it all: Mother Theresa! I don’t think I need to explain Mother Theresa.
- Now this is the really tricky part. I have so many wonderful, inspiring, creative, motivation, soulful, thoughtful, impressive women around me in this wonderful community. This time I want to recognize a woman who impresses me with her angel-like personality. She truly feels like an angel to me. Although it never feels like teaching, she teaches us so much awareness, tolerance, love. She is one with nature and one wit herself. It is a healing experience to see the world and all that is through her angel eyes. In simply being her she spreads a light I have barely seen before: Trini of The Paths of the Spirit
- And here we go with
57 of my many lovely blog sisters.
Once again thank you very much, Colleen, for considering me for this beautiful challenge. You are a wonderful friend and soul!
In Love and Light