Isn’t that something we all wish to be? My dear friend of Smiling Notes at least thinks that I was worth a recognition and she gifted me with the Blogger Recognition Award. WOW!!! The title alone sounds like a recognition for a recognition. What honors me even more is the fact that I get this award for the first time. Thank you so much, my dear. You made me SMILE!But now to the This award was originally created by Eve @ Edge of the Night
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
So I’ll start with my story how I came to blogging. So, get some snacks ready and a beer or even a coffee that is a story of a life time… lol!I promise to keep it a short as possible. The reason I started blogging is: My book! Haha… that’s it. And then again not. The real story is the story behind the book which made this all possible.
When the English edition of I’m Free – Awareness Of Who You Are by Discovering Who You Are Not! was released my publisher set up a world-wide marketing campaign and a social media campaign. That way I was led to WordPress in May 2014. I had no idea what blogging was about and was “thrown into the cold water” (of course with some teaching lessons). It started as a platform to promote my book through the messages I wanted to share with the world. What a wonderful possibility.
Within the first year I learned a lot about blogging, got inspired by other bloggers, and expanded my blogging habits and the way of posting a lot. According to this I started to gather a community around me I had never expected in my wildest dreams. The love I have received and the love that is accepted from me is overwhelming and humbling. I thank you all from the bottom of my Viennese heart for the blessing you all are to me. Only because of you I am able to live this dream! Love you bunches!!!
My two tips for blogging:
- Be interested in others: Go to visit other blogs, try to look at the person and take them serious. Don’t like blindly but read what you like. Show your appreciation. Every post – even if it is not what you would write – is a personal part of someone and it is an effort someone made. Every post is a personal share of someones thoughts, feelings, history, pain, desperation and it is an honor for the reader to become a part of other people’s inner world. Everyone is a divine creature and worthwhile being recognized.
- Interact: The magic of the blogsphere is the connection between kindred spirits. Modern technology is a blessing in connecting people all over the world aside of races, cultures, religions, politics, and even languages. But we can only connect, make friends, and feel like a part of a big loving family when we exchange our thoughts. Comment when a post or a statement intrigues you. Take the time. The blogging experience doesn’t occur from posting and leaving. It lives from exchange.
Whenever I get a new award I try to get back to the closest circle of my community. The ones who stick to me from beginning on, some who inspired and supported me and my blog to become what it is today, or some who became dear friends – no matter whether they accept awards or not.
My nominees in alphabetical order:
As I mentioned I am aware that some of you don’t accept awards. I do not expect anyone to participate but I feel the deep need to simply say thank you in a different way.
In Love and Light!