After my two days’ absence I was flabbergasted to see me nominated for 5 awards. That’s awesome, friends! It still astonishes me how much love you all are giving me. I will thank my nominators in particular but first I thank you all, for your constant support, visits, and interaction. My community is the most wonderful I could wish for! Thank you from my heart! I hope I can give a little back of what I got.
Now get in line and let the next award party begin!
I was nominated twice for this award. First by the charming Rich from Waffle Me This. He has this wonderful British sense of humor and doesn’t mind it by now when I was kidding about him driving on the “wrong” side of the street. He also owns a breathtaking collection of historic swords and he is driving a truck. You all know how much I like big cars…! The second nomination comes from my new and sweet friend, Nicole from SUNEHRI. Her blog name means “golden” and this is what she says means the gift of writing for her. But I’d say only watching her smile on her profile photo shines a golden ray of light. She has an open heart, an open mind and this flow radiates from her posts and poems. Please check out Rich’s and Nicole’s blog. You will love them. Award Rules:
- Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees I would like for you to think at the light emanating from the stars the ones that truly touch your soul with their work, the ones that are the light for you a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
- Thank the giver and link their Blog to your post.
- Answer the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
- Please Pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo. Please don’t delete this note: the design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter is a Copyright image you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award. Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo Rich’s questions: 1. Why do you prefer WordPress over the other media (twitter, facebook, etc)? WordPress to me is “more” authentic because we are all here in order to share a part of us, may it be a skill, a dream, or working out something. It is a place where I don’t see currently changing profile pictures but constant developing and unfolding people in their writings and personality. I find open hearts and minds. Basically we all want to share the same: Something from ourselves – from our Selves! 2. What do you expect to see in your Dashboard? Follows, Comments, Pageviews Or just Likes? Why, If I may ask? What I love most about the stats is the many different countries that I see showing up in my community. Meanwhile I have visitors from 100 countries. We are having a gathering of the whole world every day. Everybody loves and appreciates the variety of cultures, races, religions which makes WordPress an inspiring WorldPlace. 3. If you owned WP for a month, what changes would you like to Make? Why? If I had the knowledge I would fix this silly problem with disappearing comments, comments which all of a sudden slip into the spam folder, and with magical “unfollows”. Nicole’s questions: 1. What made you start writing or start-up your blog? The reason I started blogging was the social media marketing campaign for my book I’m Free. My publisher set up this blog for me. I guess without it I would have never started blogging. I am so happy how this all has come together. 2. What are some of the things you love to do that make you happy (besides writing)? Gazing at the nights sky; gazing at the ocean; watching the sunset; singing, making my music; having fun with my children; enjoying my garden; working in my garden; gratitude for this life in looking back where I was, how far I have come, and looking forward where I will be tomorrow… 3. If you owned WordPress for a month, what changes would you like to make? I dare to repeat myself: If I had the knowledge I would fix this silly problem with disappearing comments, comments which all of a sudden slip into the spam folder, and with magical “unfollows”. My nominees:
My questions to my nominees:
- Who made you discover the starlight within you?
- What would you say is your starlight gift for others?
- What is your biggest dream?
Next award: This and the following two awards were given go me by the beautiful Saadia of Reflection Of A Rainbow. Saadia is a wonderfully skilled poet. She is very sensitive which gets impressed in her beautiful poems. Please, don’t miss to visit her blog. The rules:
- Thank the people who nominated me, and add the pictures of the awards above.
- Answer the eight questions.
Since I did not receive questions I simply take over the ones Saadia got.
- What’s your favourite novel? I am not a novel reader. But the last I read and really liked was Salt On Our Skin.
- What’s your favourite movie? The Cloud Atlas
- What’s your favourite movie, based on a novel, you have read? Harry Potter (Does it count even though I did not read the whole book?)
- What’s your favourite movie, based on a novel, you have not read? Lord of the Rings
- British Hitchcock or Hollywood Hitchcock? Hollywood Hitchcock
- Non-American born Hollywood stars or American born Hollywood stars? I don’t prefer actors because of their origin but for their skills and appearance.
- Which famous personality, did you idolize as a child, and whom do you idolize now, as an adult? Superman as a child (ok that’s a super hero) / as adult: Alex Grey, Michael Jackson, Mahatma Gandhi, Wayne Dyer, Gregg Braden
- Which film starring Audrey Hepburn is your favourite? Don’t know to be honest… too far away.
The questions for my nominees:
- Remember the first book you ever read?
- What was the first movie you watched in a theatre?
- What is your highlight during an ordinary day?
- What highlight would make your day extra-ordinary?
- What person made you bring out the best in you?
- What situation helped you to grow out of yourself?
- What was your greatest achievement by today?
- What achievement are you working on?
- Thank the person who gave you this award, and include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 10-15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (might I add they must be super-cool and totally deserve the nomination)
- Nominate those 10-15 bloggers for the Award — you may include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things/facts about yourself.
7 facts about me:
- I played the clarinet for 9 years and I was good… as long as I practiced. That and me preferring singing were the reasons I quit.
- Meanwhile I spend more time in English than in German. When I woke up from my anesthesia two days ago I was reflexively thinking English instead of German. It’s enough now, guys!
- I love both chocolate and strawberries but I avoid eating it since both make my skin break out.
- I have been a huge fan of Michael Jackson. I had a collection of T-Shirts, Buttons, of course posters and I have more than 20 LP’s and also lots of singles. I saw him on stage twice.
- As a child I was more like a boy than a girl. I also loved more playing with boys than girls. There was a lot more action and fun going on.
- When I was a teenager I was right the opposite. I got shy and insecure around boys.
- At the age of 15 I myself cut my hair back to half an inch. I surprised my parents with it one day before Christmas…. I was simply bored… haha! But I have to say, my punk look was very cool!
My super-cool and totally deserving nominees:
- Link to the blogger who took the time to nominate you.
- List seven random things about yourself.
- Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers.
- Notify the amazing people who you nominated for the award.
Another 7 facts about me:
- I am Austrian but live in Liechtenstein. My kids speak both dialects. But with each other and with me the only speak my Viennese dialect.
- I speak German, English, still a bit French, and a tiny little bit Italian.
- I am driving a Dodge Durango, which is a big car for over here. I did not make a single scratch by today. But my husband bumped into another car after 4 months. Must I say that I am proud of myself?
- It took me 3 attempts to finally give birth in water. Either the baby came to fast or the hospital did not offer that option.
- 1 1/2 years ago I tried shooting with a handgun for the first time in my life. I simply wanted to check it out. I did it with a 9mm SIG and did pretty well.
- My dad learned to play the trumpet and my sisters guitar and violin. They all practiced hard. I always frustrated them all when I took their instruments and played a nice melody without ever having a lesson.
- In 1993 and 2001 I participated in singing contests and won both.
My beautiful nominees:
Once again a big thank you and a big hug to Rich, Nicole,and Saadia for the honor to be nominated for all of these wonderful awards.
In Love and Light!