Dear Ritu from But I Smile Anyway nominated me for the Freestyle Writing Challenge. It is the second time within a week I was nominated for it. Thank you, Ritu, for thinking of me! Ritu is a woman full of life, sparkling with her shiny, positive, and always uplifting energy! It is impossible not to take Ritu to one’s heart. Please visit her blog and convince yourself.
It is a challenge every time since I don’t know what I have to write about. I am a in a creative place? Do I know something about the topic? Will my text make sense since I mustn’t go back and edit anything? But right that is the thrill… isn’t it?
These are the rules I copied from Ritu’s post:
1. Open a blank Document
2. Set a stop watch or your mobile phone timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever challenge you prefer.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!!!
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds!
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals.
7. At the end of your post write down ‘No. of words = ____” to give an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nomination (at least five (5) bloggers)
Here is Ritu’s topic I am supposed to write about:
The meaning of family
What means family? Family means home, having a place to hide, and being accepted the way we are. Family is shelter and comfort. Family is a gift. I married young with 23 and wanted to have a family as soon as possible. I wanted to have 2 to 3 children. I wanted to do something meaningful, being there for a littel, miraculous creations seeing them grow, develop, and give my life meaning in taking responsility of a little human being. I wanted to be a mom since I was in my late teenage times.
I am happy that my wish came true and I was gifted with 3 children (13/16/20). They are all unique as can be. But it is not always easy to be a tolerant part of the family. Most of all I am challenged when I see that what I do is simply taken for granted. I am getting frustrated, annoyed and also sad since the kids are older and instead of cooperating thinking they are in hotel mom and don’t need to care about anything but simply can drop their stuff and leave it where they lose it, or when they see no need to clean up behind themselves.
Then I need to remember that I am blessed with 3 wonderful children. I am happy they are caring for themselves and we have become more like a group of friends. I love their intellect and humor. I love my family. I love that I am a mom and I am looking forward to the time when my kids have their own family!
Word count: 266
Time: 10 minutes
Oh well… it is what it is 😉
Now here are my nominees:
The topic for you is far down. Please only scroll down when you are ready to start writing!!!
And here comes my topic:
Where I live
In Love and Light!