My dear friend, Saadia from Reflection of a Rainbow nominated me for this very interesting challenge. Thank you so much Saadia for thinking of me. I was not sure how this would turn out but it was fun and really interesting to see how I handled that. I am completely surprised that I not only could complete the text in a way it made sense but also the number of words astonished me I wrote within that short time. I mustn’t edit anything but when I checked back I saw there are only a few typos. Yeah!!!
Here are the rules:
Open an MS Word document
1. Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
2. You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
3. Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
4. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
6. At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
7. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
The topic I have to write about: My Journey So Far
When I was a little child I always knew what I wanted. I was stubborn but also clear in my thoughts and wishes. When we moved into another country I was the stranger. I was bullied and isolated and hurt even physically. A lot of pressure came from the new school system but also from home. It got better when I changed school to the next level and found wonderful friends. I still have close contact to my best friend. I know her for 33 years now. The pressure at home got heavier. I had to be the role model for my sisters and felt like only being worthwhile when being successful and fulfilling expetations. But there also happened a lot of humiliation. I backed off and built up a wall around me. I was hiding myself in order to make my wounds heal and not getting hurt anymore. I isolated myself, doubted myself, lost self-esteem and self-love. But life was leading me in miraculous ways through so many challenges which made me discover a lot about me. I found people who showed me ways back to myself. They inspired and motivated me to look out of my prison. I found people who believed in me. I broke the wall. I was sick and tired of limiting myself and of crying about the dreams I did not dare to live. I lost my fear but gained power, self-esteem and started loving myself. Today I have no problem to talk about my past, my “mistakes”, and my journey. I am proud of this journey. I am thankful for everything that happened. Because it all made me the happy and relieved woman I am today. Right because of all that happened I made the experience of liberation. And out of this experience I started writing which in the end led me to this challenge. Thank you, Saadia for nominating me!
Word count: 322
Time: 9 min. 48 sec.
Your topic: scroll down as soon as you are ready to start writing!
The most wonderful moment in my life!
Have fun! In Love and Light!